The Ophthalmic Technician assists the ophthalmologists and optometrists in preparing patients for their appointments by taking medical/ocular histories, performing standard entrance tests, visual acuity and refraction as well as slit lamp examination of the anterior segment on patients. You will also provide support to Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Center and may also assist the ophthalmologists in various minor surgical procedures including laser treatments.
Hours are: (Monday-Friday) 8:30 am-5:00 pm or 8:00am-4:30pm.
Why work here!
- Be a valued member of our Eye Care Team working directly with Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, Ophthalmic Technicians, Ophthalmic Imagers, Ophthalmology Fellows and Clinical Researchers.
- Harvard affiliation and an international reputation.
- Competitive salary and benefits in the prestigious Longwood Medical Area.
- Training for qualified candidates who display the aptitude to learn, improve your present skills & learn new skills with training on the latest technology that you would only get, at Joslin.
- Spend more time with patients.
- Opportunity to advance in credentials and knowledge with supported CME and training.
- Opportunity to attend monthly scheduled seminars.
- Ability to become certified to participate in our local, national and international Clinical Research Studies.
- Responsibilities in clinical eye care include: ocular history, refraction, slit lamp examination, Applanation Tonometry and other entrance examinations.
- Diverse participation in eye care, including retinal imaging with the latest, state of the art imaging instruments.
- Participate in our Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Center with the latest, state of the art imaging instruments performing OCT, Optos, Anterior Segment Imaging, Visual fields, Ultrasonography, etc.
- Daily rotation of clinical responsibilities throughout our clinic and clinical research patient care programs.
- Become a more Advanced Ophthalmic Technician!